26 March 2010

More on the Northwest Rail Corridor public meetings

I am following up on an earlier post.

I went to the meeting in Louisville. There were posterboards with various information on them, and a lecture with followed by questions. The people there were asking for public comments, but I am not sure that they will do any good. It turns out that the comments may not be read by the people actually planning the project. RTD has hired a private company to run their meetings. That private company is the one who is going to read the comments and prepare the final report.

I have been researching how this company got this contract, but I haven't found much out yet. I think a lot of FasTracks has been privatized. The more research I do, the more I think that FasTracks money is going to non-transit.

No comments: