10 May 2010

Federal Railroad Administration is holding public meetings

The Federal Railroad Administration has issued its Preliminary National Rail Plan. You can download the plan at http://www.fra.dot.gov/Downloads/RailPlanPrelim10-15.pdf. The FRA is accepting comments until June 4, which also happens to be the date of their last public meetings. You can submit comments online at http://www.regulations.gov/search/Regs/home.html#docketDetail?R=FRA-2010-0020.

Here is the schedule of meetings that I have so far:

19 May - Kansas City, MO
20 May - Atlanta, GA
26 May - New York, NY
3 June - Salt Lake City, UT
4 June - Portland, OR - at the Benson Hotel, 309 SW Broadway from 1-5 pm

If anyone has any more specific information, I will publish it here.

I hope that someone from each city monitors the comments and makes sure that Congress and the FRA takes them into account. I may be able to go to the Salt Lake City meeting, if I can find out where it is.

(I am depressed about the state of the world today.)

No comments: