02 May 2012

Should We Expand I-70?

I think not. It seems that highway expansion is no longer creates the economic development that it once did. Putting money in transit AND fixing the roads we already have create more jobs. Better buses and trains also improve our quality of life.

We apparently don't have enough money to fix our roads or to run enough buses or even to fund our schools. How do we have enough money to add four more lanes to I-70?

If you would like the state of Colorado to use its money more wisely, please come to the next I-70 meeting so you can tell CDOT what you think.

Thursday, May 3 at 5:30 pm
Swansea Recreation Center
2650 E. 49th Avenue
Denver
Bus: 48 (I think that this drops you off right at the door of the Rec Center, but I am not sure.) The 24 is also in walking distance.

You can also call the Project Office at 303-757-9413.

Update: The meeting materials are online at http://www.i-70east.com/meeting_minutes.html#c-wide.

No comments: