03 May 2011

My Hope for Colorado

My hope for Colorado is a future where we don't need a car to get around. I hope for good bus service throughout the Denver area, even on Sundays. I hope (and work for) hourly trains north to Cheyenne and south to Albuquerque, connecting all the cities and towns along the Front Range. I hope for passenger service in the mountains revived to reduce the isolation of some of our mountain towns. I hope that we can save money on road repair by running buses between all our cities and towns.

We in Colorado are famous for our love of nature. We should not have to destroy it to get around.

2 comments:

Testicular Homicide said...

I thought you may find this little Onion news spoof amusing:)

http://www.theonion.com/video/obama-replaces-costly-highspeed-rail-plan-with-hig,18473/

Helen Bushnell said...

Thanks for the link. LOL